IEEE PES Outstanding Engineer Award in 2021
Nominations open for award for outstanding contributions to the power engineering profession in Switzerland!
Do you know someone who deserves recognition for their contribution to the engineering profession, leadership in engineering, or voluntary activities in 2021? Nominate them for the Swiss PES Outstanding Engineer Award 2021!
The Swiss Chapter of the IEEE Power and Energy Society is looking for candidates for the IEEE PES Outstanding Engineer Award in 2021. Potential recipients must be members of IEEE and PES and should be based in Switzerland. Nominations will be evaluated based on their contributions to the engineering profession in the following areas:
- Outstanding technical contributions to the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding professional and leadership contributions to the power engineering profession.
- Significant contributions to the local community representing the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding contributions in the area of power engineering education.
You can nominate candidates by sending a mail to the chapter secretary (Henrik Nordborg, email@example.com). Nominations should include:
- Name, affiliation, and contact address of the candidate.
- A short motivation emphasizing their contributions to the area of power engineering, explaining how they meet one or multiple criteria above.
- Additional documents, such as publications etc, as required.
Selection will be according to the decision of the PES Switzerland Outstanding Engineer Award selection committee. Further details on the process and the award are available here.
The winner will receive public recognition on IEEE PES websites and a customised plaque that celebrates their achievement. The closing date for nominations is 27 August 2021. The winner will be notified by 29 October 2021.